Culture Broker/Social Worker:
The Kajsiab House is searching for a social worker/cultural broker (Clinical Specialist) who can provide counseling and case management services to the Kajsiab House participants and their families. S/he also will act as a culture broker between consumers and other systems (Human Service, Education, Law Enforcement) that may be poorly accessed and understood by participants. The CS should be keenly aware of the importance of providing services in a culturally sensitive manner and works closely with key individuals in the Hmong community (clan leaders, spiritual leaders, elders, educators) to design and facilitate intervention programs. The CS will be the first point of contact for new participants who are referred to KH for clinical services and will assess needs and design treatment plans, refer to or develop necessary resources, assist and extend the psychiatric services of KH and JMHC. S/he will run group therapy sessions for Hmong women and mixed gender groups as well. This position also involves providing transportation for participants from the Kajsiab House and participants homes.
- Demonstrate bilingual, bi-cultural expertise in working with Hmong refugees.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree and three years relevant experience or Master’s degree and some experience working with refugee population.
- Ability to assess progress and encourage positive change, taking into account cultural and clinical considerations, and consumers’ own wishes and definition of sucess
- Commitment to work toward improving cultural competence
- Commitment to respecting consumer input and participation in program design, treatment planning and follow through
If you feel you are a fit for this position and would like more information of if you’d like to apply, please visit this link: Kajsiab House Title 13067 Culture Broker/SocialWorker
Note that the deadline for the application is August 16, 2013.
Faith Technologies is looking for a full time safety manager. This position formulates, develops, and coordinates the safety and loss control functions for the organizations, and to perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily.
Essential function includes:
- Conducting accident investigations and recommending corrective action (if warranted) based upon incidents and/or trends. Determines the cause and identifies the means of prevention.
- Trains employees and customers in Company and OSHA safety practices.
- Maintain liaisons with outside organizations such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams in the event that emergency response needs to be facilitated.
- Visits various job sites to support and encourage safe and productive behavior, while providing feedback to employees on safety and productivity practices.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate/conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Research Skills – Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Construction and three to five (3-5) years of Safety experience, or
- Five years experience in the Electrical trade, or
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience as determined by management.
Faith Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and they encourage the hiring and promotion of women and minorities.
For more detailed information about this opening, please visit their career link: Safety Manager
Madison School & Community Recreation (MSCR):
Madison School & Community Recreation (MSCR) has many Fall 2013 job openings! Since the list of openings is extensive, please visit their website to get all the information you need.
It should be noted that to apply for an MSCR job, you must follow the application directions on the MSCR website and use their online application system that is accessible on their site. do remember that when you complete the online application, you must select MSCR under APPLICATION TYPE (the first line of the application). When the application has been filled out, you must go to the JOBS tab and select the position you are interested in. If the position desired is not indicated, MSCR will not be able to view your application.
MSCR will continue to accept applications for any positions until filled, unless a deadline is stated. However, chances are best if you apply early.