Only a few more days to apply for the Multicultural Student Center’s full-time Social Justice Education Specialist position! We’re looking for someone to develop workshops and plan programs. This position reports to the Associate Director of the MSC and serves-as the primary facilitator/trainer of the Institute for Justice Education and Transformation (IJET). IJET is a curriculum-based initiative housed within the UW-Madison Multicultural Student Center. As a social justice educator on the staff of the MSC the principal duties of the position revolve around being a campus resource for social justice information, community building, program planning, assessment, and demonstrating commitment to the organizational success of both the MSC and the Division of Student Life. For full description of responsibilities, visit: http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/pvl/pv_075190.html
Applications should include a current resume or vita and a cover letter. Your cover letter must explicitly detail how you meet the minimum number of years/experience for this position; your competence in the basic skills required for this position and which preferred skills/experience you would bring to this position.
Submit applications by January 21 to Diane Steele (firstname.lastname@example.org) Human Resources Manager, Division of Student Life, 70 Bascom Hall 500 Lincoln Dr Madison, WI 53706. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged.
The Office of Student Affairs/Diversity at the Medical College of Wisconsin offers a summer enrichment programs for students from backgrounds that are historically underrepresented.
Diversity Summer Health-related Research Education Program (DSHREP)
- Interested students should be available from May 29 – August 2
- Application link: DSHREP
- The application deadline is Friday, February 1, 2013.
DSHREP is a 10-week summer program supported through an R25 research education grant funded by National Heart, Lung, Blood Institute (NHLBI), an agency of National Institutes of Health (NIH). All research is conducted by MCW faculty, focusing on cardiovascular, hematological, and pulmonary diseases. The application process should take about half an hour, please be sure you have allotted ample time to complete this form without interruption. Once you start the application you will not have the opportunity to save or interrupt the application process and come back at a later time. Also, included in this application is an electronic recommendation form. You will need the following information about your references before you begin: Name, Title, E-mail Address and Phone Number.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation has announced internships for 2013 summer, and applicants can begin applying.
- WisDOT Information Systems Internship Opportunities: http://wisc.jobs/public/job_view.asp?annoid=63947&jobid=63462&index=true
- WisDOT Summer Diversity Internship Program: http://wisc.jobs/public/job_view.asp?annoid=63973&jobid=63488&index=true
The “Preview Exam” hyperlink on the websites is actually instructions on how to complete application online and submit cover letter and resume. There are also some standard questions about preferences.
AVID/TOPS is a community partnership between the Madison Metropolitan School District and the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County. AVID/TOPS is a pre-college program geared towards first generation, low income students in the academic middle (2.0-3.5). AVID/TOPS students have post-secondary potential, but may need a little extra support in getting there. The elective course curriculum combines reading, writing and standardized testing skills, with tutorials, field trips and guest speakers to enable students to learn the necessary skills to be successful in high school and apply to their college educations.
They are current recruiting tutors for both the middle and high school AVID programs (program description below). Tutorials take place during the student’s academic day on Tuesdays and Thursdays; tutors would need to be available both days and we would appreciate if tutors are able to stay the semester so they are able to build positive relationships with the students. https://empapp.madison.k12.wi.us/ats/app_login.shtml?COMPANY_ID=00005393 –
Grassroots Solutions is seeking applications for the position of full time, permanent operations and administrative associate in our Minneapolis office. This Associate position works with the firm’s Director of Operations and Administration to ensure the smooth operation of the firm in copy editing, contracts, client lifecycle, general, office management and human resources administrative arenas.
Grassroots Solutions is a national consulting firm specializing in grassroots organizing, strategy, training, and evaluation. They have worked across the country with nonprofit and labor organizations and their funders, political campaigns, corporations, and government entities to expand their grassroots capacity, win elections or legislative victories, address community concerns, or position brands on the market.
Duties will include:
- Copy edit proposals, memos, plans, Powerpoints, marketing materials, and other documents as requested to meet standards of accuracy and professionalism in a timely way.
- Assist with all Client Lifecycle protocols. This includes working with client service staff and marketing to assess needs and gaps, then filling those needs and gaps.
- Draft the majority of contracts and shepherd them through the approval process. Work with clients and client service teams as necessary to track and bird dog any unsigned contracts. Flag unusual contract requirements for all staff.
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, training, and evaluation of interns for MN office; serve as a resource and support for intern programs in Washington DC and/or New York Metro offices.
- Provide staff assistance to client service staff as requested by your supervisor (e.g. special projects, travel, other scheduling as time and needs dictate).
- Act as back up for general administrative duties (phones, meeting set up) during peak busy times or in the event of admin staff absence.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Alisha Heller, via email at: email@example.com – include “Operations and Administrative Associate” in the Subject Line. Application Deadline: January 28, 2013
Columbia University Medical Center is preparing for its second program year of the Summer Public Health Scholars Program (SPHSP). This innovative program is designed for undergraduate students to increase interest in and knowledge of public health and biomedical science careers. SPHSP is a partnership between Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, Columbia University School of Nursing, and the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health. Together they represent the broad spectrum of public health practice. SPHSP grant funding was awarded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Office of Minority Health, and Health Equity (OMHHE).
The program is designed for undergraduates in their Sophomore or Junior year and recent baccalaureate degree students who are undecided about their career goals and who have a minimum GPA of 2.7. This is a rigorous program which includes Public Health course work at Columbia University; hands-on field experience and immersion in a diverse, economically disadvantaged urban environment; seminars and lectures with public health leaders; and mentoring by faculty members, ensuring students’ exposure to the breadth and importance of public health as a career option. Please note: the application is due by February 8th. More information is attached. Also, to visit our website and apply online, please follow this link.
The Department of Transportation is currently looking to fill multiple Program & Policy Analyst- Advanced positions. Current openings are located in the Division of Transportation Investment Management. Future positions may be in the Division of Transportation System Development and the Division of State Patrol as well. The list of candidates generated from this recruitment may be used to fill other Program & Policy Analyst- Advanced positions in the Department over the next 6 to 12 months. http://wisc.jobs/public/job_view.asp?annoid=63979&jobid=63494&index=true
Be an Oxfam America Student Leader: Oxfam America is accepting applications for its 14th annual CHANGE Initiative, its national student organizing and advocacy program. CHANGE offers rising sophomores and juniors at US-based colleges the opportunity to become effective agents for social change.
- Have access to expert skills based training, resources, materials and year-round support from Oxfam staff;
- Establish connections and share knowledge with college students from the US and beyond;
- Develop confidence and lifelong skills to create positive, lasting social change, and
- Are part of an active and growing, global network of peers and alumni working on justice issues.
Applications are due on April 1, 2013. Accepted students participate in a week-long training in Boston from July 20-26, 2013, which is organized and paid for by Oxfam. Students must agree to join or form an Oxfam Club and implement an Oxfam campaign on campus during the 2013-14 academic year, as well as communicate regularly with Oxfam staff about their work. Apply online here: http://www.oxfamamerica.org/whatyoucando/take-action/student-action/change
The Madison Metropolitan School District is currently taking applications for a variety of positions. The MMSD seeks to attract and retain candidates who reflect the diversity of our community. Visit www.mmsd.org to view all open positions, full job descriptions, and to complete an application.
- 2013-14 Assistant High School Principal
- Director-Equity & Family Involvement
- 2013-14 Assistant Superintendent for Business
- ALSO…..NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2013-14 TEACHERS (ALL CERTIFICATIONS) &PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT STAFF. APPLY NOW FOR EARLY CONSIDERATION!!
Questions? Comments? Contact LaKendra Adesuyi at 608-663-5850 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Prefiere recibir ayuda en español? Puede comunicarse con Isabel Simonetti al teléfono 608-663-1796 o a su correo electrónico email@example.com.