Gay Straight Alliance for Safe Schools (GSAFE) is hiring an Educational Justice Coalition Organizer to support the formation and work of a statewide Educational Justice Coalition. The coalition will consist of Wisconsin organizations which focus on youth leadership, organizing, and systemic change in education for youth of color, low-income youth, immigrant youth, youth with disabilities, and/or LGBTQ youth. Specifically, the Educational Justice Coalition Organizer will:
- Build and/or strengthen relationships with current and potential Educational Justice Coalition members.
- Work with coalition members to plan, convene, and facilitate regular coalition meetings as well as formalize coalition goals, strategies, and work plan.
- Work with coalition members to develop and do community education for coalition members around a variety of educational justice issues, including protections for gender identity and expression in schools.
- Develop coalition action teams and goals and identify plans for implementation.
- Assist GSAFE staff in providing Educational Justice programming for youth and adults outside of the coalition as needed.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Brian Juchems, Director of Programs, email@example.com. Applications must be received by 4pm on September 28, 2012. GSAFE is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and transgender/gender non-conforming people encouraged to apply. For a more detailed job description, go to http://www.gsafewi.org/about-us/jobs-internships-volunteer-opportunities/
Open positions at the Madison Metropolitan School District:
- Educational and Special Education Assistants (we also need substitutes for these positions; Spanish proficiency required for Bilingual EA & SEA positions)
- High School Coaches for Poms, Volleyball, Soccer, Football, and Hockey
- French Bilingual Resource Specialist (20 hours/week)
- Bilingual Teachers & Professional Support Staff
To Apply for Employment with the Madison Metropolitan School District:
- Go to http://www.mmsd.org.
- Click on “Employment”
- Click on “Job Openings for External Candidates And Job Application”
- To see all openings per job category, click on any of the five (5) links in the bottom, right-hand corner under “View Available Jobs.”
- To begin working on an application, click on the “Create New Account” button. (If you have already created an application, you do not need to create a new one. Sign In with your username & password.)
Questions? Comments? Contact Shauna Sendelbach at 608-663-1743 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KDAL 610AM Radio, The News and Talk Authority in Duluth, Minnesota has an immediate opening for a part-time News Anchor/Reporter. They are expanding their news operation and are looking for a solid newsperson with a passion for what is happening in the community. This individual may anchor newscasts, report, gather, write and voice news stories under deadline in a live or recorded setting and generate story ideas. This person may have the opportunity to interact with hosts on local talk shows. The right individual would be required to work weekends and a good driving record is a must. Preferred experience of 1-2 years but they would be willing to train the right individual. You’ll be joining a great team dedicated to local news. Email your MP3, cover letter and resume to: Susan Nash, KDAL-AM Radio, 11 East Superior Street, Suite 380, Duluth, MN 55802 or email to email@example.com.
102.5 KDWZ in Duluth, MN has a rare full-time opening for evenings in an area that has 4 colleges. This is a live shift and the right person must know how to relate and interact to the audience on all levels. KDWZ is not your typical Top 40. They are personality driven. If you can be creative, fresh and local every break, you could make the cut. The job may also includes a direct role in writing station imaging, planning/executing major station promotions, public appearances and working with our Interactive Department. KDWZ is owned by Midwest Communications; a privately run company dedicated to serving the public with an awesome product. You will work in one of the finest broadcast facilities in the nation with a 100kw signal that covers an enormous region. KDWZ has a tradition of winning so a positive attitude and passion for the product is a must. Email your air check, resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to KDWZ, Attn: Mark Fleischer, Brand Manager, 11 East Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55802.
Midwest Communications in Duluth, MN is looking for a Morning Show Co-Host for their 100,000 watt FM country station, 98.9 KTCO. The perfect candidate will have two plus years’ experience with country radio and hosting/co-hosting a Morning Show. The candidate they are looking for will have great production and imaging skills, a passion for country music, a love for public appearances, a GREAT attitude and an undying lust for winning! They’re not looking for a laugh-box or a side-kick; the ideal person will be a contributing factor to the show in all aspects; from collecting bits to helping secure interviews and more! We’re looking for a Facebook junkie who Tweets, and who can relate, through Social Media, with an already solid listening audience. If you enjoy Blogging and spending time promoting online; they’d like to hear from you! If this job description describes you please E-mail materials TODAY to email@example.com or mail to Midwest Communications, Inc., Attn: Mark Evans, KTCO Brand Manager 11 E. Superior Street, Duluth, MN. 55802
Midwest Communications, WJXQ, WLMI, WQTX and WVIC, has an immediate opening for an administrative assistant for sales and content creation teams. This person will work in the Holt, Michigan office. They are looking for an individual with excellent interpersonal skills, systems and organizational skills. Direct customer service, creative writing and presentation creation skills are preferred. This work requires strong written and oral communication skills. They need someone who is proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and has a passion for detail. The ability to be flexible and dependable is a must! They are in the 24 hour broadcasting business and work hours may sometimes be outside of regular business hours. If you feel this position is right for you, please send your resume TODAY with references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 517-699-1880 or mail Mike Klein, Director Of Sales, 2495 Cedar Street, Holt, MI 48842