The LGBT Campus Center is seeking an Assistant Director! Successful candidates will exhibit experience, competency, and capacity in the following areas of work:
- Collaboration with diverse students groups and groups of students on events and programming that facilitates identity development, personal growth, understanding of social identities, and action towards social change;
- Ability to deliver effective educational trainings which are based in a deep understanding of power, privilege, intersectionality, and social justice;
- Plan, execute, and assess events and initiatives that support the core mission of the LGBT Campus Center and the communities which the Center serves;
- A commitment and understanding of work in a higher education setting done through the lens of intersecting social identities, social justice, and empowerment
- Network with campus partners towards establishing a campus-wide network of support and inclusion of LGBTQ individuals.
The Multicultural Learning Community with UW-Madison Housing is seeking a Program Coordinator to work collaboratively in providing leadership, programmatic and organizational direction, and support to students living in the MLC. The Program Coordinator reports to the Witte Hall Area Coordinator and Faculty Director. Deadline is July 23. See application details and submission information here.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is looking for a talented still and video photographer who can tell the many great stories that happen on campus. Work will be used in alumni publications, on the Web, and in other campus publications. This position is 50 percent video work and 50 percent still photography. This person will be an important part of the Marketing and Media Relations team and must have the ability to collaborate with many campus clients. The newest team member must understand our campus culture and be able to translate that culture in a visual medium. The job requires some weekends and nights and occasional travel. This visual storyteller will have the ability to not only shoot high-quality footage and photos, but also to be able to edit both still photos and videos. This person will also understand how to use video and photo editing software and archiving.
This is an academic staff appointment and a successful candidate must have at least a bachelor’s degree. To apply for the visual storyteller position, please send a cover letter explaining why you would be an asset to the Marketing and Media Relations department and why you think you would be a good fit for the UW-Whitewater campus community, a resume with three references and examples of both still and video photography work. Please send the information to Katie Bastien, UW-Whitewater, 800 W. Main St., 400 Hyer Hall, Whitewater, WI 53190 or at email@example.com.