SWIB is partnering with the UW School of Business to offer a scholarship, internship and mentoring opportunity to a female student pursuing a graduate business degree and a career in investments. The program includes:
- Full tuition, fees, and health insurance for the Applied Security Analysis Program (ASAP) specialty within the MBA program at the Wisconsin School of Business
- $10,000/year stipend for 2 years (exact amount depends on hours worked)
- Hands-on investment research experience working directly for the Chief Investment Officer of the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB), full-time during the summer and winter break and limited hours during the school years
- Mentorship and career guidance support from Dominic J. García (Analytics and Fund Management Group of the SWIB)
The ASAP/SWIB Scholarship Program is an unprecedented opportunity to earn a MBA degree in investments at very little cost, while obtaining significant experience and high-level exposure at the 9th largest public pension fund in the US. To be considered for this program, applicants must:
- Be a female
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.4
- A GMAT score of at least 650
- 3 years of work experience
- Be a US citizen OR legal permanent resident
To be considered for the ASAP/SWIB scholarship, applicants must apply to the Applied Security Analysis Program (ASAP) at the University of Wisconsin School of Business: http://www.bus.wisc.edu/asap/. Please contact Professor Mark Ready at email@example.com with any questions.
Madison Metropolitan School District seeking bilingual applicants (Spanish/English!)
- Bilingual Teachers (classroom, dual language immersion, and bilingual resource teachers)
- Bilingual Substitute Teachers (including Permit Substitute Teachers, requiring minimum of Bachelor’s degree)
- Bilingual Special Education and Regular Education Assistants
- Bilingual Professional Support (social workers, school psychologists, speech/language pathologists)
- Bilingual Administrative Assistants
SWIB (State of Wisconsin Investment Board) is hiring! SWIB offers a comprehensive benefits package, educational and training opportunities, tuition reimbursement, and challenging work in a professional, team environment.
- Financial & Program Analyst to be part of Investment & Management Services Group. The financial & program analyst will be responsible for producing cost of management reports and compiling and analyzing statistics and data for statutorily required reports. The incumbent will assist with the plan for Investing in Wisconsin, the Wisconsin Broker program, and Minority Broker program. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or similar degree required. Deadline is July 6. Email resume, cover letter, salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Financial & Program Analyst.” See here for more job details.
- Compensation analyst to join the Human Resources Team. The compensation analyst will be responsible for complex agency-wide analysis and support relating to compensation. Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or similar degree is preferred, as well as having advanced analytical, quantitative and Excel skills. Deadline is June 29. Email resume, cover letter, salary history/requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Compensation Analyst.” See here for more job details.
- Help desk specialist to join the Information Technology Group. The help desk specialist’s primary responsibility is to provide excellent customer service to end users by resolving computer issues, tracking and escalating help desk tickets when needed, and documenting resolutions. This person will provide level 1 support; track help desk tickets and document resolutions; conduct hardware and software diagnostics, installations and upgrades; coordinate technical support, image, configure, and deploy Windows workstations; support various end user systems; and assist with the procurement process for IT purchases. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or similar degree required. Deadline is July 11. Email resume, cover letter, salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Help Desk Specialist.”
The UW-Madison Multicultural Student Center is seeking an Associate Director to oversee and expand our social justice education programming and curriculum, assist in developing assessment and strategic planning, supervise staff and interns, and liaison with campus departments and programs. Bachelor’s degree + 6 years of professional experience OR Master’s degree + 5 years of professional experience. Must demonstrate knowledge of and/or skill working at the intersection of racial justice and other social justice issues and experience/degrees in areas of social justice education, student affairs, higher education, or other closely related areas.Deadline is July 1. Click here for more job details and application requirements.
90 Minute Job Search Workshop: Thursday, June 28
Free to L&S students and alumni, 3:00pm – 4:30pm, Academic and Career Advising Center, Middleton Building room 102. Register by calling (608) 262-3921 and request “90 Minute Job Search Workshop”
If you are an alumni, senior or junior nervous about the job market or have hit a wall with your job search, this workshop will arm you with the most current, effective job search strategies. If you are only searching job listings and feeling discouraged, this workshop will help you move beyond Monster board and into the world of employment. Bring your questions to the Q & A and a career counselor will address your concerns about your job search.
Advertising Sales Representative opportunities available with Midwest Communications! Midwest Communications offers training in the industry, a full benefits package and the opportunity to earn an outstanding living. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success, prospecting skills, outstanding phone/cold calling skills, experience up-selling existing accounts, proficiency in Power Point and Word Perfect and a positive attitude. Two years of outside sales experience preferred but we will train the right individual. Reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license and a good driving record is required.
- 93 Rock, Appleton, WI: The Send your cover letter and resume to: David Fries, General Manager via email email@example.com, fax it to 920-733-5507 or mail to David’s attention at Midwest Communications, Inc., 1500 N. Casaloma Drive, #301, Appleton, WI 54913.
- WBOW AM/FM and X95.9 Rock, Terra Haute, IN: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax it to 812-234-9999 or snail mail to Jack’s attention at 824 S. 3rd Street, Terre Haute, IN 47807.
Midwest Communications seeks Web Designer to join their Green Bay, WI office. We are a collective of 49 radio stations in five states. The focus of this position will be to oversee several local media websites in our Green Bay and Sheboygan markets. You will work closely with our radio and sales staff to create event and promotional pages. If you enjoy working in an informal, collaborative atmosphere, please apply now. Job perks include a casual dress code, 401(k), paid time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance.
- Passionate about web design
- Strong knowledge of clean semantic HTML(5) and CSS(3)
- Experience with Photoshop or GIMP is a must
- Solid organizational/project management skills and flexible enough to roll with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Thrive in a fast-paced growth environment
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver
- Some travel to Wausau and possibly other Midwest markets will be required
Other Helpful Qualifications:
- Understanding of web usability and accessibility standards
- Prototyping skills including sketching, wireframes and information visualization
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate progress throughout each project
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
Send your cover letter and resume to Director of Digital Media, Midwest Communications, Inc., 557 Scott Street, Wausau, WI 54403 or e-mail email@example.com.
Marketing Specialist wanted at Visitor & Information Programs (VIP) in the Office of University Relations! VIP provides personalized information, experiences, and connections for the campus, community, and beyond through a variety of programs and services. The Marketing Specialist ensures Visitor & Information Programs provides engaging and high quality services by conducting internal and external research, facilitating partnerships, and educating the campus community through trainings, workshops, and events. In addition, the Marketing Specialist administers the Campus Area Housing and the Private Housing Connections Programs, promotes UW-Madison as an educational destination, and assists with the oversight of 110+ student staff. For more information on how to apply, please view the position description. The application deadline has been extended through June 24.
The House Mother/Mentor wanted for the Lilada’s Livingroom Housing Program! The House Mother will be a live-in mentor who will facilitate community-building, act as a positive role model, and support young women and their children through their stay at the Lilada House for Teen Mothers. The House Mother/Mentor helps to develop strong, mutually respectful relationships, among the house residents. They provide support through listening to resident’s thoughts, feelings, concerns, and problems and help create a family style environment by establishing home family rituals and traditions.
The House Mother/Mentor will assist young women in gaining a sense of responsibility and worth by offering care and encouragement, as well as aiding in transition into and out of the housing program. This is a great opportunity for a graduate student, young adult or older experienced woman who can serve as a strong role model for younger mothers.
Hours: The position is 15-20 hours per week. The House Mother/Mentor is able to work or go to school full-time. Compensation: Private Suite and Board in a beautiful west-side location Application Process: Send your current resume to LiladasLivingroom@gmail.com