Juniors and Seniors are encouraged to apply for the 2012 Meyerhoff Excellence Awards. Recipients are recognized for their strong academic performance, outstanding leadership, and service to the university and larger community. The Multicultural student Center will be selecting one recipient for this award.
Application materials must be submitted by 4:30 pm, Friday, March 30, 2012. A committee will review application materials submitted and select one award winner. A $1000 cash award will be presented at the Meyerhoff Awards Luncheon on Friday, May 11, 2012.
To apply, you must:
- Be a UW-Madison student of color expecting to receive an undergraduate degree in May or August 2012
- Be an active participant in a student organization and/or the University/Madison community
- Demonstrate a record of outstanding leadership skills
- Have strong and consistent academic performance
To ensure consideration, all applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application (download here)
- A recent copy of your transcript (unofficial transcript accepted)
- Resume (listing employment/internship experiences, student organizations, committees, leadership roles, community service, honors, etc.)
- One letter of recommendation from a UW-Madison faculty member, academic staff or community representative/leader recommending you for this award (MSC Staff members are not eligible to submit letters of recommendation)
- A personal statement (not to exceed two pages) detailing how you believe you meet the criteria for this award, citing specific examples in relation to your involvement with committee and campus/community activities and how your activism/leadership opportunities have prepared you for your future endeavors upon graduation.
Multicultural Student Center, 2nd Floor, “Old Red Gym”, 716 Langdon St. Madison, WI, 53706. (608) 262-4503 or email email@example.com.